2019-20 Certified Openings
Early Grades (PreK-3) Elementary Teacher
2019-20 Non Certified Openings
POSITION: LEAPS Afterschool Academy – Student Mentor (Substitute)
DATE: Thursday, November 7, 2019
- Minimum of 16 years of age
- High school senior or junior (Preferred)
- Responsible, organized, and able to communicate effectively with younger students
- Staff Physical (if employed)
- Background/Fingerprint Clearance (if not on file with school system)
- Provide general supervision of students during the afterschool program during snack time, homework, enrichment, and transitions.
- Facilitate activities and transitions, including being responsible for planning Friday activities, contacting community resources, and leading sessions.
- Assist and support afterschool tutors, enrichment teachers and team leaders as needed.
- Participate in and evaluate the effectiveness of activities and events.
- Instruct students on the safe and proper use of supplies and equipment.
- Participate in cleaning and maintaining the facilities and equipment daily.
- Inspect the school site and the equipment for potential safety hazards; take corrective action to prevent injuries.
- Interact professionally and appropriately with parents, teachers and school staff.
- Participate in program staff meetings and on-going training opportunities.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding the Afterschool Academy students, records, and other information.
- Comply with all State of Tennessee and Trousdale County Board of Education policies and procedures.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
JOB LOCATION: Trousdale County Elementary School, 3:00-5:30 p.m.
CONTACT PERSON: Kathy Atwood, Program Supervisor, at Trousdale County Board of Education, 103 Lock Six Road, Hartsville, TN 37074 or (615) 374-0907, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
COMPENSATION: $20.00 per day (2.5 hours)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Noon, Friday, November 22, 2019
POSITION: School Bus Driver
DATE: Friday, May 10, 2019
QUALIFICATIONS: Age must be 21 years or older and hold a valid Tennessee CDL (Class A or B with passenger and student endorsement). Driver shall have no record of a DUI conviction, must pass a Department of Transportation physical, must pass initial and random drug and alcohol tests, and must have an acceptable driving record as determined by the Trousdale County Board of Education and the Tennessee Department of Safety.
DESCRIPTION: Full-time drivers will transport students during the instructional school year. Substitute drivers will drive for full-time drivers when absent and may drive for after-school and other school events.
JOB LOCATION: Trousdale County Board of Education
CONTACT PERSON: David Cothron, Transportation Supervisor at Trousdale County Board of Education, 103 Lock Six Road, Hartsville, TN 37074, (615) 374-2193, email: email@example.com
COMPENSATION: $71.51 per day with holiday and sick leave compensations.
Trousdale County Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, marital status, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, or disability in the operation of its educational programs and activities as required by Title VI and Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendments and Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973.