Trousdale County Elementary School
Parent Involvement Plan
Board Policy No. 4.502
At Trousdale County Elementary School we will strive to create a “parent-friendly, family focused” atmosphere where a joint effort will be made to improve communication, collaborate on projects, make effective curriculum choices and provide support through a joint effort between school and home. The staff at Trousdale County Elementary will promote opportunities for parents to participate in the day-to-day activities of the school through the implementation of the
· Trousdale County Elementary will assist the Trousdale County School System in
implementing their Parent Involvement Plan.
· Trousdale County Elementary will designate a Parent Involvement Committee consisting of teachers, parents and administrators to work together in developing policies, organizing events, helping in classrooms, doing volunteer administrative work, and contributing to the academic well being of students.
· Trousdale County Elementary will have Open House at the beginning of each school
year to meet students and family and to inform parents of school and classroom policies and procedures.
· Trousdale County Elementary will have a fall and spring Parent/Teacher Conference in order to report student progress and recommend strategies to help their child at home.
· Trousdale County Elementary will notify parents of student progress by various means including: School to Home Communication Folders, report cards, letters home, and telephone calls.
· Trousdale County Elementary will inform parents of county and school policies and
procedures by providing a student handbook to each student to take home.
· Trousdale County Elementary will strive to promote family involvement through countywide family involvement activities including: school assemblies, Read Across America, TCES Reads, Grandparent’s Day, holiday parties, Thanksgiving dinner, Turkey Trot walk-a-thon, Field Day, student performances, and book fairs.
· Trousdale County Elementary will make an effort to be flexible in scheduling events and meetings in order to accommodate working parents and transportation difficulties.